CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Been Too Long

Oh it has been far too long since I last posted once again. Trying to lose weight and putting my family first takes a lot of time. But the rewards are good :) It's just that I sure miss paper crafting and chatting with my blogger friends. Every once in awhile I try to take a little break and today was that day. I have a few birthdays of friends coming up and thought I'd take the chance to play along with some old favourites. I've entered this card in Stampin' 411 #256 (sketch), Stampin' Royalty #125 (colour challenge) and SUO #45 (3-D flowers).
I made 2 cards. One vertical and one horizontal. Yes, I am kind of stuck on the whole aluminum flashing thing but it's just so fun to use. I used the Top Note Die and then embossed it with the Elegant Bouquet EF. Then I stamped some Blushing Bride c/s using the Elements Of Style set and then punched out some flowers with the Boho Blossoms Punch. Next I stuck them to the flashing using glue dots and added Basic Pearls to the center. The really cool part here is that I took my pink sharpie felt and coloured the pearls! It's tough to see but they are so pretty. I think they make the card.
The butterfly is the Beautiful Butterflies Die and also the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. I embossed the large butterfly with the Perfect Polka Dots EF. Last but not least my sentiment from Vintage Labels is punched out on a Small Oval and then mounted on a modified version of the Decorative Label Punch. Love that little shape too!
Now that I have had my little break it's back to the grind. The kids will wake pretty soon and I gotta get some stuff done first. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

9 comments:

Margaret

Gorgeous card! The flashing is so cool and all of the layers of butterflies and flowers really soften the edges! So pretty!
Hope things are going well for you and you will find more time for crafting soon!

Tammy Fite

The flashing really is so cool! I need to get some of that!! :-) Beautiful card--the pink pearls really add a nice touch!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey!

Wonderful soft burst of color and the flashing just shows it off more. Great job!

Mary Brown

What a pretty scene you created with the butterfly and 3D flowers! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

gbarron56

Marlene -- what a great idea to use the flashing. It makes a very distinctive and elegant card! Thanks for sharing at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Heidi Baks

Beautiful details with the flowers, leaves, butterflies! Very pretty! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

Deb

Lovely eye-catching card. Thanks for sharing it with us at SUO Challenges.

Jen Timko

This is so pretty! I have missed seeing you but glad you are taking the time for you and the family! The flashing is the perfect background for the lovely flowers. Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Georgeann Manning

Wow! Love this! and what great use of the flashing!! all the details you put into this lovely card are amazing!! Gorgeous! Glad to see you again over at Stampin' Royalty!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!