CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Big Anniversary

My aunt and uncle will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next month and my mom commissioned me to make a card for them . I actually already made invites for a gathering that we will be having but forgot to take pics to share. But the colour scheme was the same as was the general idea. Lots of love! Perfect timing as I have all my valentine goodies out and ready to use.
I miss Taken With Teal. Such a beautiful colour but I have still a little bit left. I paired it with Early Espresso and Very Vanilla. All the Vanilla layers were sprayed with Champagne Shimmer Paint and the Teal layer was run through the Big Shot with an embossing plate and then I copied the details with Dazzling Details. Such a neat effect! All the hearts were cut with the new Heart Collection Edgelits and the Fashionable Hearts Embosslit.
I carried on a bit of the same ideas to the inside. I used the same Lace Border Punch and then added some Dazzling Details to it for some added pizazz. The sketch I used is from Pals Paper Arts challenge #127.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sherrie Conner

Very pretty!! Love the blues on your card!

Linda Callahan

Love that 3-D heart! These colors make such a statement! That extra sparkle is sweet!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!