CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 7 Of 12 Days Of Christmas

Today I played along with Mojo Monday #218. It's been a very, very long time since I've played here. I needed to make some large cards for all the parents to sign for my daughter's preschool teachers. This is the first of 3 cards and Mojo Monday's sketch was perfect for my card.
This card was based on the beautiful pointsetta in the top left corner. I used the Blossoms Petal Builders Punch for each of the different petal sizes. After they were all punched I sprayed them with Champagne Shimmer Mist and then very lightly sponged the tips. I mounted them all on a 1 1/4" circle, slowly moving them inward. Once I had all the petals glued on I added some Victorian Crochet Trim to the underside and then some Basic Rhinestones to the front center. The sentiment is from The Sounding Joy. I embossed it with Clear Embossing and dressed it up with more rhinestones.Other then that beautiful flower, this card is pretty basic, but I thought it turned out nicely. Still love that retired dsp!

3 comments:

Sabrina

Wow! A very beautiful card.

Kristina

Lovely poinsettia and staging too!

Visiting from Mojo Monday
xo, Kristina
Please stop by and say hello!
www.pearlgateway.com

Margaret

So very beautiful! Everything on this card looks like it was made for each other! The crochet ribbon behind the poinsettia is gorgeous! Fabulous card!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!