CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Blue Christmas

Oh my, I haven't played with any challenges in such a long time. It sure feels good to get back at it. And what could be better than a blue Christmas card. I just love blue Christmas cards. They're my favourite! Colour Q #113 has an awesome combo of blues to try this week and the technique I wanted to try worked out great with Stampin' 411's sketch #231. Here is my card.
I don't know what the technique is called but it involves embedding Glass Glitter in Clear Embossing. Love the effect! The embossing powder is so thick that if you drop the glitter on the embossing the moment after you heat it and heat it quickly again, it literally melts into the embossing. Pretty neat to watch actually. Now the other cool thing is that the embossing is so thick that once it cools, if you bend it a little it starts to crack. I only did two layers but it was cracking with me barely touching it. It is such a neat looking card in person.
I sure hope I get the chance to play along with other challenges soon. I really had a good time and love the way I was inspired. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

LeAnne

VERY cool......I love the embossing and your star technique! Thanks for playing with us this week, too!

Tammy Fite

Oh my--this is very pretty!! Great stamp set for this sketch!!! And, I love the glass glitter in the clear--I'll have to try that!!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping 411!!

Sylvia

Beautiful card, Marlene! Love the crackling effect! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Selene Kempton

Woohoo!!! I LOVE this card on so many levels! I think I NEED this stamp set now! I love your cracked glass with glitter technique... its awesome!!

Tracey McNeely

All your details are fabulous. There is so much elegant detail to your card.

Anita Scroggins

Love the embossing you did - the cracked appearance looks wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey!

Love this! The technique is perfect for this set and layout. Beautiful!

Margaret

Gorgeous card! This technique is awesome and gives such a beautifully antiqued look. Fabulous creation for both challenges!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!