CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 17, 2011

Stocking Hobby Horse

I am loving this Stitched Stocking stamp set. What a fun Christmas set but then the oh-so-clever Jackie Topa came up with this idea of using the stockings for a hobby horse.

Love it when something has more than one use. And what better to buy a stamp set and have it be useful for Christmas cards, kids birthday cards or baby cards in this case. I went with a neutral baby card and used Just Add Cake DSP so I could use neutral colours, So Saffron and Wild Wasabi. I started with the So Saffron layer and inked up my Striped EF. The next layer is the Scallop Circle out of dsp and then I cut a Whisper White circle with my Circle Scissor Plus and then embossed it with the Perfect Polka Dots EF.
The horses bridle is 1/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon and the horse's mane is 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon. The eye is a Mini Silver Brad and the stick is a lengthened Word Window Punch. My sentiment is from Word Play. I punched it out with a Large Oval punch and then layered it on the Decorative Layer Punch.
We made this card for club on Sunday and it was a big hit. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great day.

3 comments:

the cricutologist

adorable! Brilliant idea!

Margaret

SO CUTE!! Love this little hobby horse and all of the fabulous details!!

Julie Marshall

Adorable! Love what you did with the sentiment.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!