CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Simple Saturday #27

So glad you could join me today for Simple Saturday. My upline, Kari Metzger, is the one who showed me what I have to share with you today.
Do you ever get frustrated with your Hemp Twine, Linen Thread or the Baker's Twine? It doesn't come on a nice spool like all the regular ribbons. Usually I end up with a big pile of Twine all in a knot and can't find the end so I just cut a piece off wherever. It bugs me! Well here is a solution.
Using an empty container from embellishments and the plastic piece from the center of your empty ribbon spool you can make your own twine or thread spool. Start by punching 2, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punches and adhering them to either side of the plastic spool. Then tape the end of your thread or twine to the spool and wrap it around. Next using your Crop-A-Dile, punch a hole in the side of the container. Place your handmade spool in the container and thread your twine through the hole you punched in the container. Place the lid on and your done. Unless, of course, you want to decorate it. Hope you find this useful. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great day!

1 comments:

Margaret

This is such a great idea! TFS!! BTW- LOVE the pumpkin nail art!!! CUTE!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!