CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Surprise

How would you like to carve open a pumpkin only to find spiders inside? Creepy! Well in this case I thought it looked kind of neat. Of course if it was a real spider I probably would have dropped the pumpkin and run to get a shoe or something to squash it. Me and spiders only get along when they are squished and even then I will only pick them up with a wad of tissues.
I found a great sketch at PPA #116 that got me going with my card. I also played along with Colour Throwdown #164 and Colour Q #107 this week (think I missed Mr. Linky on those) The papers are from the Brights Collection DSP. I made the pumpkin using the 1 3/4" and the 2 1/2" Circle Punches. For the stem I just rolled up a scrap piece of c/s and for the vines I twisted some strips of c/s around my paper piercer. The spiders inside the pumpkin are from the set Out On A Limb.
The sentiment is from Tiny Tags. I stamped it over the spiders that are the same as the center of the pumpkin and punched it out with the Jewellery Tag Punch and attached it with a Mini Library Clip. I repeated what I did for the sentiment on the inside of the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Linda Callahan

This may be the cutest card I have ever seen! You are amazingly creative - wow! Absolutely adorable - love every last detail - and that pumpkin is terrific :)

Diane - oliverdi@att.net

Tooooo too cute! Love the peek-a-boo spiders too. Hugs.

Kruemel

Just amazing - totally love this!

Valérie Perlin Démonstratrice Stampin up !

excellent idea !

Dale Morin

Love this card! It's adorable.

Stempelfein

Really great idea. I love that too. Greetings Tanja

Ann Schach

Congrats on being named a PPA pick, Marlene! Your card was sooo creative!

Stamping Abby

Greetings from Abbotsford, BC!! Just going through Pinterest (isn't everybody??) and came across your very cute Hallowe'en card!! So I thought I'd pop in and say how very cute the card is and also to say hello!

Yvonne

cema1cema

Super cute!!
Christina

Peggie

Love the card - how do you get them to stick down?

Kim Score

Great card! this will be on my daily inspiration post. thanks for sharing

Silvia Jacinto

We all need challenges in our life to keep motivated. I really had a great time scanning and reading your blog site and i was so amazed with your great artwork. I do hope you could inspire more readers. You can also visit my site for some interesting stuff.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!