CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Luminary Card

I don't give out Halloween cards but I saw this luminary card (by Kirsteen Gill) and knew I had to make it. And know that very soon I will have a Christmas one to share with you! Pretty simple card but the effect is really something. Photos don't do it justice. I started with a Basic Grey card and punched a hole in it using the 2 1/2" Circle. Then I adhered a piece of Vellum Paper over the hole from the inside. For the roof top I layered 3 strips from the Tasteful Trims Die and topped them off with a 1/2" straight strip. I used the clouds and the witch on her broom from the stamp set Out On A Limb. On the inside is the branch with some bats hanging down. My sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes mounted on the Modern Label Punch flanked by 2 Silver Brads. This is one of the cards we will be doing for club this Sunday and if you come you will get the sneek peek of my Christmas luminary card. Email me to reserve your spot.

3 comments:

Margaret

This is such a cool idea! I can't wait to see what you come up with for Christmas! Now you've got me thinking!!

Julie Marshall

So clever! Love the layers scallops with that gorgeous moon.

Darcie Bardach

what a smart idea!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!