CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Christmas Star

I am really liking this stamp set, The Sounding Joy. If you recall I made a Halloween luminary card last week and while making it I totally thought of this stamp set and how it would make a fantastic card in the same style.Isn't this pretty?! I didn't have any current Christmas dsp so I used last years dsp. The circle is a 2 1/2" Punch and then Vellum Paper behind it. I embossed the star image in gold right on the vellum. The ribbon is the new Vanilla Velvet. Oh so pretty! I have a thing for rounded corners. I can't seem to stop doing it. I think it dresses up a card in such an easy and subtle way.

And while I was making this card I wanted to play with Paper Players #68 but figured my card had too many other colours and they only wanted red and green so I just had to (such torture) play some more and make another Christmas card, of course using The Sounding Joy once again. More vellum and Red Glitter Paper! It just softens up that star a little so the sentiment can stand out just a bit more. There are those rounded corners once again! The ribbon is Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding with a few Jingle Bells for a touch of fun! I got the ribbon to stay put with Glue Dots. Love Christmas! And I'm so glad I can get started on celebrating it already. I've even gotten some shopping done already!
Thanks for stopping by. Have a real nice day!

12 comments:

Julie Gearinger

Oh, Marlene- these cards are gorgeous!! Love the luminary and the red and green card is so classic! Thanks again for sharing your talent with all of us- you are an inspiration!

Lesley Croghan

Wowza Marlene, these are both stunning, love the overlay of vellum and the glimmer paper card base! Thanks for playing with our CAS Red and Green challenge at the Paper Players! Happy to see you!
Hugs,
Lesley

Ann Schach

Marlene...these are so fabulous and creative! I LOVE your luminary...and you used my favorite Stampin' Up! holiday paper of all time! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Cindy

Wow! I mean really WOW! Both cards are incredibly beautiful and show exceptional talent. So many fine details on each of them. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing these with us at The Paper Players!

Nance Leedy

As with all your creations, these are just gorgeous Marlene! Love the luminary/card idea and your CAS entry is so pretty with the glimmer paper! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne

Wow, these are both stunning cards! I just can't believe how gorgeous they are! Very creative! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players and sharing these with us!

Julie Marshall

Wow! They are both fabulous, but I am lovin' that Joy card. I love the simplicity of the vellum with the glimmer paper and that ribbon is gorgeous. So glad you shared with us this week at the Paper Players!

Margaret

I love what you have done with the vellum on both cards! I don't use it nearly enough! The chunky glass glitter rimming your circle was the perfect addition to the vintage feel of the first card and the second card is just so rich and elegant!

Anne Marie

Oh Marlene, these are both so gorgeous! You have really shown some awesome ideas for vellum. So many beautiful details! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Linda Callahan

You are amazing with vellum! These cards are just gorgeous!

Laura

Both cards are so stunning! Congrats on being on iPicks!

scrappingnana

Wow, what a gorgeous and creative card. Love the embossed vellum. The 2nd card is very pretty also. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!