CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 23, 2011

Simple Saturday #22

Welcome to simple Saturday! Today I have a super simple Halloween decoration to share with you. I can't remember where I saw this but knew how easy it would be to replicate that I hadn't bother to save the photo to my computer, hence not having a clue who made this. If' it's yours let me know so I can give you credit. (Sorry for the picture quality. Our windows are dirty on the outside from the house renos. They are clean on the inside but that doesn't seem to matter.) I started by cutting a circle out of a Window Sheet. Next I sent it through the Big Shot using the Spider Web Embossing Folder. The original that I saw had no sparkle to it but I wanted it to look like the morning dew had hit it so I decided to give it some pizazz.
My first try had me putting Crystal Effects on all the raised web parts and then sprinkling it with Dazzling Diamonds however, the Dazzling Diamonds just stuck to the whole thing. One big sparkly mess. When it was finally dry I tried to wipe some of the glitter off but static just kept a tight hold of it and it was useless.
My second attempt told me to be smarter and so I rubbed my Embossing Buddy over the web before using Crystal Effects and then Dazzling Diamonds. So yes, the diamonds didn't stick to everything but now my web was kind of smokey, foggy looking. Not sure what was better.
So what to do...well I had a box of new goodies to open so I put the project aside and thought I'd come back to it. As I dug through the things I just ordered from the Holiday Mini, I came across a little bottle. Not remembering what all I ordered I had to read it to remember what it was. Dazzling Details! Glitter in a bottle. The answer to my problem!!! Wow, this project just became too easy and with no mess. The glue comes out of that little bottle with such a nice small tip, perfect for little details. It was perfect! Can't wait to try it out on some more projects soon!

1 comments:

Margaret

Such a great idea and love that you showed all three versions!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!