CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Simple Saturday #21

I'm trying to make up for my last 2 weeks of non-existence. But I have to admit. I am not suffering! I just love being in my stamp room. Just wish I had more time in a day. So, welcome to Simple Saturday. I struggled to keep this card simple today so let's just say the idea I want to share with you is simple! Got it?? It only took me about 3 or 4 minutes to do the part that I wanted to share with you. So here it is...
If you know me, you know I LOVE embossing folders. They have to be one of my absolute fave products to use. So today I used my Fifth Avenue Floral EF and then I pulled out that oh-so sharp craft knife and cut out a few of the petals. Watch your fingers with that knife. It is so crazy sharp it takes no effort at all to cut out those petals. Next I slipped in some bits of dsp behind the holes I created. Another great reason to love this technique. You get to use up all those little itty-bitty bits of leftover dsp. I glued them in place and trimmed off the excess from the edges. To finish it off I sponged a little bit of colour over the image to bring it out a bit more.
So here is the card. Like I said, I had a hard time keeping it simple. I used Stampin' 411 Sketch #221. It worked perfectly for my card.
Thanks for stopping by. I sure hope you'll be seeing more of me now that the kids and I are settling into our schedules. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Tammy Fite

Oh, this is so pretty! Love the colors and your cutting! Thanks for playing along with us at stamping 411!!!

Soy Celeste

MUY LINDA TU CREACIÓN! Se nota que haces las cosas con amor. Otro día paso a visitar tu blog otra vez. Te felicito. Dios te bendiga!!! Un abrazo.

Patti Chesky

Love, love, love those paper pieced petals. Great idea!

Tiffany Bauer

This is totally awesome!! Love how you used that embossing folder and paper pieced different parts of it! Great job and thanks for playing along with us at Stamping 411!!

Margaret

This is fabulous!! Your knife skills are much better than mine!! Stunning effect!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey!

I am so in awe of this simple but fabulous technique. You've given me a great idea for a class. Thanks so much for sharing. It's gorgeous!

Selene Kempton

Very super trendy! I really love the technique!! How totally fun!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!