CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Simple Saturday #20

What a beautiful Saturday morning it is. Total blue skies and sunshine streaming in my windows. Lots to do today but I wanted to share a quick Simple Saturday idea with you. Stampin' Up has come up with a lot of beautiful border punches lately. And they all have holes big enough to lace some ribbon in them! Here is one example I did today to show you. Here I used the new Ribbon Lace Border Punch. I used a 1/8" Black Taffeta Ribbon to string through the holes but I'd love to see how the 3/8" taffeta ribbon would look. A little scruchier but probably another neat effect.

I used Less Is More Challenge #31 of getting something metallic on your card and inked up my all-time fave, Baroque Motifs, and took some Silver Embossing to it. I also used the silver to emboss my sentiment which is on the Decorative Label Punch. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I hope the sun is shining down on you too wherever you are. Have a great day!

17 comments:

Chrissie

I wonder why the SU catalogues vary so much from country to country... I suppose different customs at certain times of year may have something to do with it, but there are always stamp sets in other countries' catalogues which I fancy, which are not available in the UK.
Enough of that, your card is fab... great embossing!
Thanks a lot
Chrissie
"Less is More"

GinaA

Very nice card, great embossing and I love the layering.

Kathyk

Lovely card and embossing

Kathyk

Mandi

FAB card, that sentiment looks fabulous done that way.
I try to resist looking at other countries SU catalogues, it depresses me lol I wish there was one big fat universal catalogue! Not sure if my bank manager would agree lol
Thank you
Mandi
"Less is More"

Lynne

This is super, love the silver embossing.
Lynne xxx

Ang C

A beautiful card

Diane

Super card, great embossing xx

Suze Bain

Beautiful embossed swirl - a really lovely card. xx

Beryl K

Beautiful card, love the embossed swirl
Beryl x

Maribel

Precious. I love

Katina

Very stylish card! Lovely stamping and embossing.

Anne

Love the border and what a beautiful card!
Anne
x

Suzilou

Fab embossing and I love that border :)

Sasha

Lovely card with super embossing!

Diane J

You've made a really gorgeous card. Diane x

Aileen

Love the swirl embossed in silver and great idea threading the ribbon through the lace border. x

Lesley Croghan

This is stunning Marlene! I have been on an embossing kick too!
Hugs,
Lesley

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!