CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 18, 2011

On A Roll

I am on a roll. I've blogged three days in a row now. We'll see how long I can keep this up. My goal is usually 3 times a week but I had such a productive day yesterday that I have a few things to share still. This card here I made for technique club. I made it with a real harvest/Fall feel.
Wasn't too sure about this dsp, Spice Cake, when I first saw it but I have to say it has really grown on me. I think that lovely colour Pool Party has something to do with it. I definitely like the patterns and now that I have used them, I can't wait to get at them again.
I made the holes in the diorama using the 2 1/2" circle punch for the outside one and the 1 3/4" circle punch for the inside one.I attempted to make them look like pumpkins by giving them a Soft Suede stem that I ran through my crimper. I used the Vanilla background dsp to make the outside pumpkin look like one of those lovely ornamental pumpkins and the More Mustard dsp fro the inside for a more traditional looking pumpkin. In the background I stamped the line of trees from the set Lovely As A Tree on Glossy White paper. Next I sponged the coordinating colours randomly over the trees and then finished it off by filling in the holes with Soft Suede.
I really struggled to decide what sentiment to put on this card and in the end went with something super simple from Tiny Tags stamped directly on a leaf.
I've entered this card in Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge #84 - Fall theme.
So glad you stopped by for a view. See you soon!

7 comments:

inkedx2

What a fabulous idea! I love the layers of cut outs. The Lovely as a Tree is a great image for the diorama. Thanks for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie

stampinbygenny

Great idea to make a diorama card! I love the openings are pumpkin shape. And you're right I wasn't too sure about the DSP but I love it now because of the Pool Party color. Beautifully executed! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Krista

This 3D card is so awesome! It's gonna look great on a mantle somewhere for sure!!! Way to think out of the box. Great use of so many tools, too. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Anne Marie

Marlene, every single detail is gorgeous on this one! Love all of the layers and the pretty scene you created. A gorgeous fall card! Thanks for joining us at HSS this week! Hugs!

LeAnne

Oh my gosh, this is fabulous! What a creative idea!

Shannon

WOW! Where do I begin? I want to use this as a home decor item, it's so beautiful. You did an incredible job, stunning! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Margaret

This is incredible! I love all of the details and the dimension is amazing!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!