CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 16, 2011

Finally A White Spider Web

Oh wow! Has it really been 2 weeks since I last posted? I felt bad when I thought it was only a week. Imagine how I feel now knowing that it has actually been 2 weeks. Ugh. Well club night is Sunday and it was time to get some work done. I have known since last club night what I wanted to share with my great group of ladies this week. A step card.
We made one of these a few years back but with the steps all on one side. I like this version where it really gives a spotlight to what is in the center panel, in this case my glittery spider web. Last year I used this embossing folder alot but always sponged it in black. Today it dawned on me that spider webs are white. Duh. So I sponged it in white and then to mimic the way it looks with the morning dew on it, I used my Versa Marc on the raised lines, then Heat & Sticked it and then covered it with Dazzling Diamonds. I was going for a bit of an elegant look so I chose this paper in Rich Razzleberry from the Brights Collection DSP Stack. The doubled up ribbons was another attempt to make this card seem like it belongs in some elegant castle. Of course which castle wouldn't have a spider or two hiding away in some corner?

I've entered this card in SUO Challenge #27. They are looking for ribbons and bows.

3 comments:

Mary Brown

Oh my word this is gorgeous! I love the non-traditional 'halloween' colors and your web is just delightful! Your ribbon...FABULOUS! Thanks for joining us for the SUO challenge!

Heidi Baks

And I do love your ribbons! Thanks for playing with us this week at SUO Challenges.

Margaret

This is beautiful(not something usually said about a Halloween card:-) The ribbon is fabulous and the glittery web is so awesome!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!