CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Just Around The Corner

What's just around the corner? Halloween, of course. And it's about time I got some fun things going on around here. This Petal Cone Die is so versatile. There are dozens of ways to use this die. Well here it is as witch's hat filled with yummy treats. I made the hat in Basic Grey and sponged all edges with Basic Black. I cut one extra side, ran it through the Big Shot with the Spider Web Embossing Folder and did some more sponging. I added a strip of Rich Razzleberry dsp and some 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon.
The rim of the hat is a 5 3/4" circle that I cut using my Circle Scissor Plus. I cut a smaller circle about 1 1/2" in the middle of the circle for getting your treats in and out later.
I placed the Petal Cone upside down in the middle of the circle and traced two of the sides of the cone. Next I removed the cone and cut the 2 lines using my craft knife. I slipped 2 of the flaps from the petal cone through the slits and adhered my sentiment from Sweet Centers, to one of the flaps.
I've entered this in...
Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #85 - Impress us!
4 Crafty Chicks #55 - Embossing


Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator

Oh my gosh Marlene! I love this! What an awesome idea, I don't know how you think of these things!!!!!

Shannon

Marlene, this is so clever! That petal cone is amazing! This is just the cutest project. LOVE it. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

Christy

WOW this is just amazing!! What an awesome idea! You are so creative. Thanks for sharing and I'm gonna have to CASE this for sure. :)

Lori

Very cute Marlene! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week...WTG!

Tamie

This is so awesome. I just love your unique idea. The embossing folder works awesome. Can you believe it is just around the corner. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

inkedx2

What a clever use of the petal die! Love the hidden door on the bottom. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie

Margaret

Love this! Such a clever idea and fun gift idea! TFS!!

Krista

So cute! What a great idea. It's a nice fun surprise! Great use of the embossing folder. Adds a nice touch. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

stampinbygenny

Great party favor and great idea. Love how you embossed the hat and embellished with the spider. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Anne Marie

Too cute, Marlene! What a fun idea for a favor and that sweet little spider is an adorable accent. Awesome idea! Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!