CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 1, 2011

All Grown Up Birthday

Crazy how fast time flies. My eldest is turning 8 next week. Yes, only 8 but she is in a hurry to grow up. She has become super responsible this last year by helping me with her younger sisters and doing chores to earn extra money for non-necessities. I can't go clothes shopping for her anymore without her because she has an opinion now! I love making sweet little girl cards for her but lately she is all over my pretty grown up cards. Not that I want to encourage her to grow up any faster then she already is but I thought I would take some time and make her an extra special "big girl" card and box for her birthday!



I used a great colour combo from Colour Q #100 that includes her new "big girl" favourite colour. Gone are the pink days with her. It's all about some form of turquoise blue now. The card was inspired but the sketch from Paper Players #61 this week. The flower uses the Bigz Die Flower Folds and the box is the Pennant Cone Die. The pattern on the flower petals is the rose stamp from Elements of Style. The little flowers in the center of the flower are the Boho Blossoms Punch topped off with a In-Color Designer Printed Brad. That glorious ribbon is Calypso Ruffled Ribbon.
For the sentiment I used the hostess set Tagtastic. I used 2 of the stamps and then layered them. A little bling was needed so I added 2 more Printed Brads. The dsp on the box is Berry Blossoms. I softened all the edges on the box by sponging Early Espresso.The card uses most of the same ideas but instead of the Scallop Circle behind the flower on the box, I now used the Scallop Square Duo. There is also another ribbon on the card, 5/8" Early Espresso Satin Ribbon. Thanks for stopping by. It's been a few weeks since I have made anything and it sure was good getting back in the saddle. See you soon!


10 comments:

Carrie Gaskin

Absolutely Stunning Marlene. You know I'm a BIG fan and you have certainly not disappointed with this one. I love the colours, the layout and all the little details. Thanks so much for playing at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee

Marlene,
gorgeous projects. So glad you got into your stamping space and shared these fabulous creations with the Paper Players. the color combo is fabulous. I love the brad on top of the flower on top of the flower on your box! the stamping over the petals of the flower... now... on to the card. :-) Whoever receives this would immediately feel the immense amount of love and passion that went into making this great card.
Love it!
jaydee

Anne Marie

Hi Marlene! It is always so wonderful to see your beautiful work! I am absolutely smitten with this rich color combo you used. Wow! Your card and gift box are awesome with all of the fabullus details you added. I know that your daughter will love it! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Shannon Connors

These are beautiful Marlene. I love the colour combo and love the flower with the stamped image.
You are so talented and I am lucky to know you and be a part of your club

Sylvia

Stunning card, Marlene and your gift box is lovely as well. Love your color combo and how you used it. Thanks for joining us for the 100th challenge at the ColourQ.

Ann Schach

Oh, Marlene! This is so sweet! I love the gift box, too! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Lauri

Wow!! What a wonderful gift set! Absolutely take my breath away gorgeous! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Noelle

This is absolutely gorgeous and one of my favorite combos, too! I LOVE those fab flowers! Thanks for playing with us at colourQ this week :)

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper

GORGEOUS!!! The flowers are amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with our 100th challenge at the colourQ!

Margaret

This is so beautiful! Your daughter is going to love these special creations!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!