CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Simple Saturday #19

Welcome to Simple Saturday. I know I have missed a few but it's Summer and there is no schedule in this house during this season. Can you imagine I tried teaching piano during the Summer before I had children and there were many lessons when no one showed up. Now that I have kids I totally understand. Schedules are out the door when the sun is shining and the kids don't have to be school.


Anyways on to what I have to share with you today. I love it when you find another use for a punch other then it's original intended use. In this case it is the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch. Now that is a mouth full. So this is a flower punch that can still be used in a ton of ways as far as flowers are concerned but when I first saw this punch used as a bow atop a gift, I fell in love with it and knew I wanted it. I've started out with a nice and simple and layout and then added a bit more as the cards go on. The first uses Crumb Cake, Indigo Island and Pool Party. The stamp behind the gift is Dot, Dot, Dot.For this card the colours are Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze and Early Espresso. The dsp is called Just Add Cake. I used the Perfect Polka Dots EF for some texture.
This last card I made for my sister for her birthday. She just loves primary colors so I used all of those from the Brights Collection as well as all the secondary colours too. Here I used the new Houndstooth EF. The sentiment is from Word Play.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Hope you get to play with your punches today but then again it's gorgeous outside here. Maybe just go do something fun outside! Have a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

Patti

Cute cards. I like how you added to each as you went along.

Margaret

These are great! I think I might like the bows better than the flowers!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!