CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Can't Get Enough

I just can't stop making these. I love these bookmarks and keep getting new ideas for making them. They make great little gifts! I also wanted to share an added feature I found works and and another idea brought to my attention by a very smart lady.

I went on a holiday a few weeks back (time flies) and brought my book to the beach to read. Sometimes my books get a little damaged being that I constantly have my 3 little ones splashing me and asking for help and the book gets dumped in the sand or better yet the lake! However, I never really mind seeing that I only buy second hand books that weren't perfect to start with. But...a bookmark with paper and water soluble ink is another story and I was trying to brain storm another idea to keep the image in my bookmark dry and safe.

First I tried covering the entire image with the crystal effects that I used to adhere it with in the first place but found the image blurs and FADES rather fast in the sun.


So I came up with the idea of layering a thin window sheet on both sides of my image. That works well, it just makes the piece inside the hodgepodge a little thick.
My other idea came from one of my club members, Shannon. I love having her around she is always coming up with ideas to better mine. Love it! Her idea was to clear emboss the entire image. That way there is no added layer and everything is sealed nicely.

I can't wait for our next camping trip to see how these new and improved bookmarks will stand the test of the beach and lake!

3 comments:

Patti

Really cute bookmarks. Thanks for sharing the ideas.

KVencel

Very cute idea! Thanks so much for sharing with all of us.

sylvia

Those are so cute. I love those bookmarks. Maybe when I need a birthday gift for someone, I will put in an order :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!