CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Simple Saturday #16

Good morning and welcome to Simple Saturday. Today's idea is, of course, a simple one. Spotlighting! Most often it is done with a circle, hence the name spotlight, but I wanted to show you that it can be a square too or a heart or star or any other shape you can come up with. This card is for my in-laws who moved yesterday. They built the last house and raised their family there. They have been in that house for 38 years. I had a tough time watching them drive away after their belongings in the moving truck. It will be a new chapter for our family as they are moving a bit further away from us kids and our families here.
Anyways on to the technique. I used a wheel and wheeled it 3 times. Once on the bottom layer, then made sure I had the image I wanted and wheeled it again on a small piece of Pacific Point c/s and once more on a scrap of white, again making sure I had the image I wanted. I cut the smallest to the size I needed and then layered it on the blue, matching the image, and then trimmed it with about 1/8" edge. Lastly I lined it up on the bottom layer and the image continues on both sides with a little frame around the house I have coloured.
I hope you give it a try with another shape. And I wish my in-laws much happiness & health in their new home.

3 comments:

Sarah Milbourn Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

What a great card. The spotlighting looks really effective.

Joan

Great spotlighting job. And I like your button and bow effect!

Jher Drover

That is so super cute and clever! I made a similar gift make for Jersey's teacher using this technique but with a coffee mugs instead! Lots of love!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!