CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Simple Saturday #15

Welcome to Simple Saturday. I pulled out some goodies from the Summer Mini again today. Check out this beautiful embossing folder called Flower Garden.Only today, instead of using the traditional side which is popped out, I flipped it over and used the side that has the impression pushed into the paper. I also inked up the folder before I put it through the Big Shot so that I now have a darker impression. Love that effect.
Next I cut out image out and popped it up on some dimensionals for even more depth. For this card I saw that Less Is More -week 18- had a monochromatic challenge, so I paired up Certainly Celery c/s and Old Olive ink and ribbon. My sentiment is from the set Happy Greetings also found in the Summer Mini.


Hope you have a great day!

28 comments:

Rita

Fabulous card Marlene. Hugs Rita xx

Chrissie

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
I simply LOVE it!
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Jeanette

It is beautiful. What a great idea and technique.

Margaret

Absolutely gorgeous
Margaret x

TAM

Beautiful - really like this one

Jess

wow, such a pretty card :)

kingstonmama

This is lovely. Beautiful green color, ribbon, and embossed flower. I love the way you've inked the embossing folder. Great effect. I must try this!

Hello From Texas

Oh how fabulous. Perfect CAS card and I love your clever reverse embossing. Wonderful!!!

Carole

The Anscombe 4

This is beautiful... just perfect x

Kathyk

So elegant and I love your co-ordinating ribbon

Kathyk

Ang C

A stunning card

ThinkInk Creative

So pretty! We don't have this embossing folder available in Australia - maybe next year's.

Love your technique and choice of colours. I also went for the greens but had Pear Pizzazz instead of Celery.

cheers,
Malyn at ThinkInkCreative

Jan

Gorgeous card, love it xx Jan

Pauline

Really lovely card, you have created a fabulous effect, the cut out is wonderful.

Rebecca

this is just lovely, thanks for sharing

Mandi

Absolutely stunning!

Perfect card Marlene
Thank you as always
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Rosemary

simply beautiful!! so want that new embossing folder now!!

Jenny

So beautiful and I love all the techniques you've used too. Gorgeous card :)
Jenny x

Beryl K

Gorgeous card and in my favourite colour as well
Beryl x

Margaret

So pretty! Love the idea of flipping the embossing!

Lisa A.

Beautiful!!!

Lynne

Stunning! Simply stunning.
Lynne xxx

sasa

just wonderful in every way - the colours are beautiful and your design stunning. Superb creation.
Sarah at 162

Viv

Beautiful card, love that colour too, it's perfect:O) Viv xx

Susan

Marlene, this is a gorgeous card! LOVE the reverse side of the embossing and how you inked it and cut it out! Super creative!
My card is HERE

sparklygirl-Tina

Hi Marlene

What a totally gorgeous card I really love it.

Take care

Tina
X

Joan

Oh you brave woman - what a beautiful cutting job! An Awesome card. I may have to case this!

Peama(Donna)

a lurker checking in! So guilty of visiting often and never postiing.....this card has changed that....LOVE IT!!

I do a lot of blog hopping, and have seen many projects using the Flower Garden embossing folder.....your card is my favorite to date...thanks so much for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!