CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Step Card Tutorial

I've got the tutorial for the step card for you here. Here is my first attempt at this style card followed by my latest step card.
1. You will start with a standard size card, 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
2. Cut slits the long way 1 1/4" from the sides as shown, leaving 1" at one end and 1 3/4" at the other end. You can change how large you want your side panels by increasing or decreasing the measurement from the side. 3. Turn your cardstock and score at 1", 2", 3 1/2", 5", and 6 3/4"between the 2 cut edges. Then you will fold along the score lines back and forth to make an accordion of sorts as shown.4. Now decorate. Your side panels are 1 1/4" x 4 1/4" and you will need 2 pieces for the center. One piece 3" x 2" for the sentiment and one piece 3" x 4 1/4" for the back center piece.
Hope you have fun with this one.

3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley

very simple, but very effective. Thanks for sharing this tutorial.

Margaret

Love the additional 3D effect w/ the flip flops!

Christy Q

Thanks so much for a great tutorial! I had bookmarked this quite some time ago but, only just got a chance to try it out. Love it and it's so different from the other center steps I've done so I'm definitely holding on to this tutorial. I linked back to you on my post referencing your tutorial - http://schnauzercrafts.blogspot.com/2011/11/caseing-ann.html

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!