CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 27, 2011

Plenty O' Flip Flops

I finally got some goodies from the Summer mini and couldn't wait to play with them. Colour Throwdown #143 had a wonderful colour combo to go with the stamps I wanted to use. So Saffron, Old Olive and Pink Pirouette. Plus add your own colours, so I added Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery and Rose Red. Now I had a dark and light version of every colour to work with.
I absolutely love flip flops, so Sunny Fun was the first stamp set from the mini on my wish list. I stamped the flip flops a few times, coloured them in with my Stampin' Write Markers, cut them all out and popped them up on dimensionals. So I have also entered this in Just Add Ink's challenge #69 for Fussy Cutting. For the back piece I stamped the flip flops over and over again and then popped another set on dimensionals and covered them with Crystal Effects for an added pop!
My sentiment is from On Your Birthday. I seem to be using this set alot more and more. There is a birthday stamp in almost every size and suitable for all ages and gender.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great day. Come back tomorrow for a tutorial on this version of the step card.

7 comments:

Tui Nathan

An absolutely gorgeous card ... so so cute!!!

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator

This is amazing! You must have the patience of a saint!

Dawn's Creative Chalet

this is a beautiful card.. I want wait to see the tutorial on it.. I love the folded technique. Have a great weekend!

Bronwyn Eastley

This is an absolutely beautiful card. Can't wait to see the tutorial.

Jodene

This is a fantastic card Marlene! Love those cute little flip flops and the design of the card itself.

Nikki Spencer

Wow...that is a whole lot of fussy cutting! just stunning Marlene, love your card fold too. Thanks for playing at JAI.

Louise Layton

Wow!!! This card is amazing Marlene. I LOVE the fold of the card, the colours and those gorgeous flip flops all over the place. Fabulous fussy cutting :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!