CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stampin' Royalty #67

Spring is in the air!
That's our theme for this week's challenge at Stampin' Royalty and when it comes to Spring I think of purple flowers. All the Spring flowers are beautiful but I always tend to pick out the purple ones. Well, when it came time to making this card, it was no different.
I actually wanted to use my stamp set, Flowers Awash, but this set, Inspired By Nature, has been on my desk for awhile and I somehow found myself using it. I used the photo from 4 Crafty Chicks #32 for inspiration, the sketch from Stampin' 411 #198 and incorporated the "baby wipe" technique that Just Us Girls #79 were asking for.I love cards that have been brayered and was inspired by a card of the talented Michelle Zindorf and thought I would pull out my brayer and blow the dust off of it. It's not really something I am good at but I still love to ink it up once in awhile. In the mean time check out the rest of the work from the Stampin' Goddesses as we enjoy the season of Spring. Any questions about the ingredients of this card, please don't hesitate to ask.

8 comments:

Maria Levine

What a very lovely card. Love your details. Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

Kerin

Love the soft flowers & the perfectly crinkled ribbon! The brayering is awesome too!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey!

That Ribbon is to DIE for. Fabulous compliment to this lovely card.

Patti Chesky

Love the multi-colored effect on the cone flowers.

Kathryn B

Oh my Marlene this layout you've done is just beautiful! I love the grass in the background and your flowers came out so nice! So glad you were able to give this technique a try with Just Us Girls this week! WOW!

Selene Kempton

So delicate and beautiful! I love the ribbon treatment! Stunning!

Connie

WOWZERS! I love that ribbon bow and the brayered flowers! Great job!

gbarron56

Marlene -- this is gorgeous! I love the colors that you choose and the button and ribbon treatment is to die for! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stampng 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!