CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stampin' Celebration #48

We are celebrating Easter at Stampin' Celebration this week. Bunnies, baskets, eggs and all things Eastery.

I made an Easter basket last year and decided I needed to bring it out and update it. Funny thing is, I choose the same dsp I used for last weeks project. Just goes to show that even though it is technically called Nusrsey Suite and looks like it should be for all things "baby", it can be used for other things as well. Isn't that sweet bunny perfect for Easter.
And to make for last weeks poor blogging efforts I have a tutorial on the box for you!

1. Start with 2 pieces of c/s measuring 7 1/2" x 5 1/2".

2. Score them at 2" the long way and then at 3 1/2" and 7" the short way.

3. Trim off the last skinny tab like this.

4. Color Spritz your box parts and then assemble the box by putting the 2 pieces together, adhering the tab to the other piece and then folding up the bottom.

5. Decorate your box as you please. I used strips of dsp that I punched with my Scallop Edge Punch, frayed ribbon and plain strips of c/s.

6. Cut out 2 Top Notes and cut the ends straight at one end.

7. Attach the uncut end of the Top Note to the outside of your box as shown in the photo leaving in sticking straight up in the air.

8. Punch a hole for a brad about 1/2" up from the center point of the Top Note.

9. Cut a piece of ribbon approx. 10" (or longer if you like) and scrunch it in between the teeth of your brad and insert the brad in the hole you punched on the side of the box and open the teeth on the inside.

10. Pull the ribbon over the top notes that are still sticking up in the air and attach your brad and ribbon on the other side in the same way.

12. Put glue on the inside of the top note. You want to glue about 1 1/2" to the inside of the box. The straight edge will go right to the bottom of the box.

You are done now with the box so go ahead and make a piece for the front center and you're all finished. Once again I layered some punches. Scallop Oval, Large Oval and then a 1" Circle Punch.

Here is one in blue too!
Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial. Any questions? Please feel free to ask.

Make sure you go to Stampin' Celebration to see more Eastery sweet things!

3 comments:

Jher Drover

Super Cute Marlene! What a cute little Easter treat! And they aren't has hard as they look to make. I'm almost tempted to make some now as Party Favours for Jersey's bday. I just don't know if I'll have the time since her bday is on Sat. I'll let you know if it works out. Maybe I should get off the comp now and go start on it. LOL. Anyways you know I love your work always! It was fun being a guest designer at Stampin' Celebration this week. Thanks!

Kim Score

super sweet! this will be on my inspiration post tomorrow. TFS

Cori

This is adorable! What a great way to use the top note die! I love the blue/green version as well!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!