CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Simple Saturday #6

Today's idea is "go big or go home!"



I pulled out my biggest stamps to work with, Medallion and Baroque Motifs, but instead of inking them up in regular fashion I pulled out some sponges. I chose 3 colours and started by sponging the lightest colour directly on the stamp sporadically. Then I added the next lightest colour and finally the darkest, filling in any empty spots.



To add to the effect of the card I stamped on Presto Patterns Paper and took some close ups for you to see what they really look like. This paper has the effect of emboss resist when you stamp on it. Kind of neat and hence the reason for no sentiment on these cards. They are already covered with words and there is a fantastic sparkle to them!


So glad you stopped by. Hope you find some stamping time this weekend.

4 comments:

Susie

Both cards are just beautiful! Why didn't I think of this??? I will be trying this technique soon!
Thanks for the inspiration :)

zoe

Your cards are beautiful - time to add presto paper to my wishlist!!

Did you add the presto patterns paper to a card base? Or is it sturdy enough to stand on its own?

Hands On

I added it to another layer of c/s. It is a little thicker then usual dsp but I wanted to make sure it would stand nice.

Jher Drover

Love that medallion! I linked this post to my recent post. Your card inspired me ;o)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!