CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 1, 2011

Birthday Cupcake

I actually had a little time to play this afternoon and knew exactly what I wanted to create. I happened to miss our last Sea To Sky Stampers meet and heard it was a real good one. One of the girls that did a little demonstration was Monica Chan from The Paper Cottage and I heard she made a super cute cupcake card with the Petal Cone Die. I didn't even get to see it but it was enough to get my imagination going and this is what I came up with.I chose Chocolate Chip and Pink Pirouette c/s. I used my paper crimper for the bottom and the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder for the top. I sponged both parts with coordinating colours for added dimension. The sentiment is from Word Play which I punched out with my Curly Label Punch and then mounted on a Curly Label Punch cut out using the Movers And Shapers Die. I still had some Red Glitter Paper, enough for a cherry on top! The ribbon I used is 3/8" Pretty In Pink Tafetta.I created this card with Stampin' Up Only Challenge #15 in mind. They are looking for birthday cards and I thought a cupcake card fit the bill perfectly. I forgot to take a pic of it, but in case you are wondering the card opens just like a normal card and has the cupcake shape on the inside too.



Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Jennifer

The perfect cupcake!! I just love the glitter cherry on top and your beautiful bow. Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

Jen Timko

Mitra

I actually went to the meeting this time and was hoping to see you! Next time! I didn't stay the whole time so I missed Monica's demo too. I love your cupcake! I love the crimped bottom and the blinging cherry :)

beebugcreations.com

Oh such a cute card! Love all the texture. Thanks for joining at SUO Challenges

Jher Drover

So cute, it would make a perfect birthday invite too!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!