Challenges that I have entered it in:
Paper Players #44: sketch
Colour Q #82: Always Artichoke, Pear Pizazz, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze and Whisper White
Less Is More #12: Off Center
Just Us Girls #81: 3-D template/pattern
The first set of measurements is from the version in the photo above.
1. start with a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock
2. score at 2 1/4", the long ways, from both sides.
3. turn the c/s and score at 5" from both sides.
4. the next fold has to be done by hand and you will do it to all 4 sides as shown, pushing the sides in.
5. Pinch the box portion of the sides in a little at the top as shown.
6. you can either clip the bag shut as in the example at the top or you can punch 2 holes in the back like this and string a ribbon or twine through as shown and wrap around to tie it shut.
You can change the measurements to suit your needs. For instance here are the measurements from my original post of this bag.
1. score at 2 1/2" the long ways from both sides.
2. score at 4 3/4" the short way from both sides.
This version makes a shorter and narrower front with a deeper box.
Hope this makes things clear. Have fun with it and enjoy!