CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Playing With Fabric

Paper Players Challenge #36 is asking us to have some fun with fabric. Well I have been doing a little more than just playing with fabric lately which explains my inconsistent blogging. I have actually been spending alot of time with my sewing machines these last few weeks. It was another daughter's birthday today and what do you get for a girl that has everything and has been handed down everything a little girl could want or need and more?!? Well she doesn't really need it but I've been sewing up a storm for her. I have SO much fabric lying around and I figured why not make her some pretty things seeing how she just loves to wear skirts and dresses and her sister before her is a jeans kind of girl.

Here are somethings I made for her and notice that flower keeps popping up. I am in love with the Fun Flowers Die Cut in the Occasions Mini. Here is the baby doll style shirt and matching headband that I made for her to wear to preschool today. She was proud as punch!
She saw this fabric on my pile and asked what it was for while proceeding to drape it over her head so I made her a cape with it. They are so into playing dress up lately and "getting married" which is exactly what she said when she put it on for the first time. The close up is of the clasp.

These were only the tip of the iceberg. Tonight she'll be wearing a new night shirt and Sunday it will be a new dress...oh how I have missed sewing.
To top it all off I made her a card using that flower yet again. She saw a card I made for someone else the other day and commented on how pretty it was so I made one similar for her too.
I ripped a piece of fabric to size and used my Anywhere Glue Stick to adhere it to the cardstock. Then I scrunched it a little before the glue dried. You can't see too much of it but I love the way it looks behind the flower.So glad you stopped by. Hope you enjoyed viewing my latest projects. Have a great day.

6 comments:

Stephanie Uzee

Marlene all of your projects are Gorgeous. I wish I knew how to sew! I love the flowers on your card with the fabric brad to match is just the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Kerin

WOW you have been one busy girl!! Your daughter is so lucky, everything you've shown us is spectacular!! I wish I were a sewer, I made one quilt once for my mom and haven't taken the machine out since...maybe a quilt wasn't the proper place to start??? Love your card too, looks like this challenge was right up your alley :) Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

Nance

Beautiful projects Marlene! I especially love the babydoll top with the fun flower at the waistband--adorable! Your card is also fabulous--love all the layering and the strip of ripped fabric behind the sentiment! So glad you could join us this week at The Paper Players! :-)

Ann Schach

Oh my gosh! How fabulous are these! You have been one busy lady! Your card is just stunning! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Always Playing with Paper

I am "sew" envious of your talent! Wish I could sew but I just do not have the patience for it!! LOL! You have made some gorgeous things here and I LOVE that pretty card with the die cut fabric flowers. Wow! So happy you could join us this week Marlene! Sorry I missed you at the Regionals!
Smiles,
Lesley

Jher Drover

SOOO creative! Gorgeous stuff! I've been busy crafting other things lately, like hats. I'm gonna have to send you some pics of them. Love the yellow button on the headband. I've been using those buttons on hats lately, they are so big and perfect. I should have stocked up on more from the Holiday mini

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!