CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pastel Easter Eggs

I had a few ideas in my head today and had time to try and play them out. The cards didn't turn out quite the way I had envisioned them but I am still pleased with the turn out. The first I did for Pals Paper Arts Challenge #84 and Used the colours from Paper Players Challenge #38. The 2 went together well because PPA is looking for something Easter/Spring and the colours Blushing Bride and Baja Breeze from Paper Players were perfect for my Easter Egg.
I made a mask of an egg and then clear embossed an image from Baroque Motifs inside the mask. I then sponged the 2 colours and then sprayed the egg with Champagne Shimmer Paint.
The egg is so pretty just the way it was but you can imagine how much prettier it is with all the sparkle. The sentiment is from Something To Celebrate, the hostess level 2 set in the Occasions Mini.
For my second card I used Colour Throwdown #132 and Just Add Ink Sketch Challenge #59. The egg image is from the set Easter Blossoms. Once again I embossed the eggs with Clear Emboss and this time I sponged them with Baja Breeze and Bashful Blue and then filled in the rest with Daffodil Delight.
The ribbons are 3/8" Bashful Blue Taffeta and 1/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta. I added some fabric from Springtime Vintage for a bit of design. Once again I used the same sentiment as the card above.
It was fun to play with some pastels today. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Have a great day.

14 comments:

Kari

I just love your blog and ideas, Marlene! I'm passing along the Stylish Blogger Award to you today! Click here for more details:

http://www.thestampingrounds.com/my_weblog/2011/03/stylishbloggeraward.html

Linda Callahan

These are both gorgeous! Love the sparkles on the egg!

Bronwyn Eastley

I love the soft colours and vintage feel to this card. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge at Just Add Ink.

delysc

Absolutely beautiful Marlene. Love the ribbon and material and your button just tops it off! Thanks for playing along with us at JAI

Mae Collins

What beautiful Easter eggs. Love how you used the sketch at Just Add Ink this week.

Jher Drover

WOW, I love that Egg! I want to try it, but don't have any clear emboss, do you think dazzling diamonds would do? It's just sooo pretty! And my fave part of the second card is the fabric bow. Great idea!

Cards by Gina

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA this week!

Anne Marie

Hi Marlene! Both of your cards are just gorgeous. I just LOVE how you made that egg! The soft colors and the shimmer really make it a standout. What a great technique. Thanks for sharing that one and thanks for sharing your talent at The Paper Players. :)

Jo

Marlene these are both so pretty. I love the pastel colour comobs you've used. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week.

Christine Blain

Beautiful, Marlene! The fabric is the perfect shabby addition to your second card, and the soft colours with Crumb Cake are divine.

Melissa

very very pretty.

LeAnne

Marlene, these are GORGEOUS! What great ideas you have----like I have always said, I wish I could get inside your brain!!! Wonderful! Thanks for playing the Paper Players and the CTD!!!

Ann Schach

Beautiful, Marlene! Very creative Paper Players card! I love the fabric bow on the PPA card! Thanks for playing at both challenges!

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator

Wow Marlene! I love it! Thanks for the inspiration for my next technique club card;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!