CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Dad's Birthday

My dad turns the big 65 tomorrow! I had the perfect card in mind and then it tured out I didn't have the stamp set I wanted to use yet. How funny is that. You'd think I would know what I have and don't have. Anyways it was the set with all the tools. My dad has worked with wood his whole life and that set would have been perfect. In fact he is the reason I want that set. Well, I don't have it so on to something a little different.

I used Pals Paper Arts Colour Challenge #83 and Card Patterns #105 for the sketch. I saw a card that Carrie Gaskin made with the happy birthday hanging off the h and b and thought that looked really neat. You can see I incorporated the wood theme a little with the wood grain. Now after I finished the card I had a really good laugh because every good carperter's daughter and wife of a mechanic knows that wrenches are for mechanics and not carpenters!!! lol! Now you know why I wanted that set. It has a hammer! We'll just have to pretend for now.I think I made up for it though with this next card.

We had a Backyardigans theme birthday last week with my daughter and Tyron, one of the characters, is a moose. My dad is also a hunter of deer, moose, elk...! Perfect! Let's make a moose card my daughter and I decided.

It has a bit of a pop for extra fun.
So glad you stopped by. Have a great day!

6 comments:

Vanessa

This is so clever!! Love your amazing card and those photos are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

Linda Callahan

Very clever - love how you incorporated the tools! I also enjoyed those cute pix!

LeAnne

Oh my, your mind is SO creative!! Both projects are awesome!!! Love those wrenches!

Ann Schach

So creative, Marlene! I love both cards! The wrenches are awesome, while the pop-up moose is a hoot! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Jher Drover

I miss you guys!!!!

Nance

FABulous Marlene! Love the wrenches and the story behind them and the pop-up moose is so clever! My daughter has an "Opa" too! :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!