CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 25, 2011

Yummy Colours!

Oh, I love these colours from Colour Q #73 this week. These are my colours. Blue, purple and green. Funny how a card comes so much easier when it uses my colours. I started off using Stampin' 411's sketch and realized that I missed Mr Linky which is not a bad thing because I ended up deviating from the sketch. Especially on the second card. I like to make 2 of every card and I usually end up changing the second one.
The cards use the same basic things. Elements of Style and Notably Ornate. I coloured them with my Blender Pens pulling colours from the ink pads. Both have 2 kinds of Rich Razzleberry Ribbon. 5/8" Satin Ribbon and 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon. I did some real stitching because I had my sewing machine out already anyways and roughed the edges up with my scissors. The first card has a Pear Pizazz Button with Linen Thread and a Trinket Key.

The second card has a Beveled Window with a Trinket Crown and some Silver Glass Glitter. I have had these trinkets for a little while but have not really found a card worthy of them yet. But with these colours, I knew the day was today.
I have to say in the end the second card is definitely my favourite. How about you?

9 comments:

Patti

They are both beautiful cards; hard to choose a favorite. I, too, love that color combo.

Noelle

They are both very pretty! Thanks for playing at CQC this week, this is the first time I've seen the keys or the crowns used and you did a great job with them! :)

Sylvia

I agree with you, the second card is my favorite as well, I think because all the elements fits so well! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge with us, Marlene!

Shannon Connors

It's a toss up - they're both beautiful!

Erna

Stunning!! And yes, the second one is my favorite too.

Jher Drover

Absolutely Beautiful cards!! I want those window panes.

Nikki Spencer

They are both Beautiful Marlene,
So many pretty elements.

Krystal (skdeleeuw)

Marlene this is just gorgeous!! Love all the little details, especially the ribbon treatment and the charm. I love those crowns!! You always do such amazing work. Thanks so much for playing at the ColourQ!

kANNAdyjka

What a breathtaking piece of art! Congrats to the win at ColorQ-I'm also one of them and from beautiful BC, Canada too!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!