CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 3, 2011

What Are We Celebrating Today?


For this challenge I knew I needed to have some sort of flower on my card. I thought I'd finally give a ribbon flower a go. Turns out it is easier than I thought. Especially if you have some of the Sticky Strip pages. I literally punched out a circle and stuck the ribbon to it as I twisted it around. Didn't take more than a minute or 2 and this is the flower I had. Turned out pretty good I thought.

I wanted to use a pin with some beads but in all honesty an Antique brad would have done nicely as well. I entered this card in Just Us Girls challenge #69. They are looking for flowers! I also entered these projects in Hand Stamped Sentiments Theme Challenge #53. They want something with black and some shade of red.



Love this Love Letter DSP. It is perfect for this Valentine season. I decided to make a gift box to go with the card. I happened to be blog hopping a little and came upon this box by Donna of Butternut Sage Designs. I thought it was stunning and oddly enough it matched my card to a T. So I thought I'd borrow a few ideas.

Another first here. I have never made a box explosion (I think that is what it is called) and wanted to give it a go. I spent so much time on the outside that I decided to leave the inside a little plainer.

I topped off the box with a big bow, some buttons stacked up and a bit of bling. I curled a few strips of DSP and slipped them in to add a little more colour.



Come and celebrate with us at Stampin' Celebration!

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Diane - oliverdi@att.net

This is just FABULOUS! Love everything about it.

Cori

Such a fun ensemble!! Love the explosion box and the little twirls of ribbon and paper!

Krystal (skdeleeuw)

Fabulous projects Marlene!!! That box is so cool. Thanks for doing such an amazing job on the SCIC team!!

Maria Levine

BEAUTIFUL set!!! I love the colors and that rolled flower is amazing! Love those rolled flowers, very cool. Thanks so much for playing along with JUST US GIRLS this week.

midnightstampingwithminnie

Marlene, This is SO CUTE!! I love the card and box -- so elegant and beautiful. You can definitely see all the work and thought you put into these two projects. Your projects are absolutely perfect for the Hand Stamp Sentiments - Romantic Colors challenge. here's their address: http://www.handstampedsentiments.blogspot.com
All I can say is simply: WOW!!!

Shannon

Marlene, both of these projects are amazing. I LOVE the ribbon rose especially and am so glad you shared how you made it. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

Kathy Braun and Lucky

Marlene, your card and box are gorgeous and oh so elegant and romantic. Love the ribbon flower, you did a great job with that. Thanks for joining Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge.

Sherry

Marlene, Your projects are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments for this week's challenge.

DAWN Braun

what a BEAUTIFUL duo, your explosion will be well received this Valentines day!

Erin Gonzales

All I have to say is, WOW! I HAVE to try that rose with some satin ribbon, SO COOL!!! THanks so much for playing along with us at HSS, BEAUTIFUL WORK!!

Rose

What a stunning set! LOVE that rose and the box is soo gorgeous! Thanks for playing at HSS! ;)

stampinbygenny

Beautiful gift set! Your ribbon flower turned out great. You've inspired me to try it. I love the embossing. It's perfect! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

inkedx2

These are beautiful! Not sure which I like better the card or the box. Love the ribbon rose and corsage pin. Thanks for joining us this wee at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie

Anne Marie

Marlene, these are stunning! Your ribbon flower is beautiful and I just love how you have showcased that DSP. So classic and elegant! I always enjoy all of the beautiful details you add to your projects. Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!