CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stampin' Royalty #59

Today's recipe challenge from Stampin' Royalty is to "mark it up!" Use markers any way you want - colouring, watercolouring, drawing, sketching, you name it.

I took 6 colours and went to work on one of my favourite background stamps. Tres Chic! I randomly used the colours and mixed them all up to create and bold and colourful background. With Christmas and Valentines over you won't be seeing a whole lot of red from me anymore for awhile.

I used Stampin' 411's sketch to get this card off the ground. However I did stretch it a little instead of flipping it this time. The colours are from the dsp from the Sale-A-Bration pack called Ice Cream Parlour. The buttons and ribbon are from another set made to match. My sentiment is from the set On Your Birthday.



Without inking it up again, I huffed my stamp and stamped one more time to make a few extra squares to decorate a matching milk carton.

Now grab your markers and play along! Don't forget to check out the cards from the rest of the design team at Stampin' Royalty.

7 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey!

Just adorable! Cute-Cute set! Hardware is just the right touch. Thanks for sharing.

Kerin

I love the way you colored the background stamp to match the fabulous elements of this card! The corners are such a nice touch too! Thanks for playing along this week :)

Patti Chesky

Your background is wonderful!!! Your attention to detail is fabulous!

gbarron56

Marlene -- love what you did with the SAB DSP -- great job mixing all those patterns! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Tiffany Bauer

Very pretty!! Love how you colored that background stamp!! Totally awesome!! Thanks for playing along!!

Connie

How fun is this card! I love how you matched the background stamp to the ribbon and accessories! Thanks for playing!

Selene Kempton

I {{heart}} this background! It has special meaning to me. what a beautiful choice of color.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!