CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Stampin' Celebration #40

Check out what we are celebrating this week at Stampin' Celebration.


Looks like a wedding to me for some reason. Maybe it's the bouquets or the rows of party favours or maybe the name cards. Anyways I decided to make a little gift box with a big beautiful yellow flower to top it off.


The box itself was super simple. I actually used the thick white cardboard that comes with every pack of Stampin' Up DSP. I wanted the box to be a little sturdier than the usual piece of Whisper White cardstock. Here is a photo of the box open. When it is not being used it can fold flat so that it won't be crushed by something accidentally.


The flower is were I spent a little more time. I used the new Fun Flowers Sizzix Die in the Occasions Mini. I made it using Daffodil Delight cardstock, sponged the edges and then used my Bone Folder to curl the edges up. The stamp behind the Beveled Window Pane (loving these!) is from Clearly For You. Then using brown Staz-On, I stamped my sentiment, from Tiny Tags, right on the Window Pane. The ribbon is Pear Pizazz Seam Binding that I scrunched by pulling a thread from the middle. I tied up the ribbon using Twine. The butterfly is also from Clearly For You.

The final detail was a Daffodil Delight Button topped with an Antique Brad as the piece to hold the flap of the box shut.


Lots and lots of little details here but I loved how it turned out and it didn't even take me that long to pull it altogether. Most of the things I used here are in the Occasions Mini. Make sure you check it out and don't be afraid to take advantage of the Sale-A-Bration promotion going on. Details of that here.

Now head on over to see more reasons to celebrate at Stampin' Celebration.
I've entered this in 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #25 - Fairy/Angel/Butterfly

11 comments:

Lori Burkitt

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love all the attention to details - the ribbon, the button with the brad, the window pane, the butterfly with bling.......Beautiful!

Tiffany Bauer

I just love this beautiful little box and all the detail you put into it!! I will be featuring this on My Crafty Picks #4 on 2-20-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care!!

Ann Schach

Wow! This is stunning, Marlene! The details are spectacular!

Cori

So beautiful! How do you come up with these boxes? Thanks for sharing the directions! I love how you did the ribbon and window pane as well!

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator

This is AMAZING!!!!! I love it.. thanks for the blog comments... it always makes my day when you leave them!

Lori

Beautiful!!! I love this little gift box :) Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week, Marlene!

SherryBee

Hi, there! LOVE LOVE LOVE your box and flower!
Guess I need to put that die on my list! HA!
Do you have a pattern for the box? It looks like a nice size.
Thanks!
SherryBee in AZ
beeson@frontiernet.net

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey!

This is fabulous. Can you share the dimensions? I'd love to make one.

Tamie

What a stunning box! I love, love the colors and the very cute butterfly just adds to your amazing flower. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Have an amazing day!

Jher Drover

I love all of your boxes. They are always beautiful. I need to start making more boxes. Gorgeous. I love the flower on the top and every single detail. The brad on the button, the ribbon treatment and the butterfly

Leanne

Love the butterfly and the details on your creations...very nicely done. Thanks for playing with us this week at 4 crafty Chicks!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!