CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Simple Saturday #2

Good morning Saturday stampers. I'm back here with another, or 2 actually, simple cards. The technique I used for these cards was Masking. I started by cutting out a butterfly with my big shot. Using Dotto, I put the butterfly on my Crumb Cake cardstock. Then I stamped Tea House in Basic Black over the mask.
Next I sponged around the outline of the butterfly and then removed the mask. Very easy! To finish the card I tied Basic Black 5/8" Satin Ribbon around the card and stamped "Friend" from You're A Gem in Melon Mambo.
For the next card I used the outline of the butterfly as my mask. I wheeled Music Notes in Baja Breeze on Baja Breeze cardstock. Then I sponged the edges of the butterfly in Baja Breeze and then a little more in Night Of Navy. Next I stamped the blackberry image from Clearly For You in Night of Navy.
You'll notice my butterfly is a little shimmery. That's because I sprayed it with Shimmer Paint before removing the mask. This card was finished off with a Navy button and a bow in Linen Thread. My sentiment for this card is also from You're A Gem.
Hope you've enjoyed my Simple Saturday! Happy stamping!

2 comments:

Jher Drover

GREAT job Marlene! You are making wonderful simple cards! I love them and they are inspiring!

Julie Marshall

Pretty card. What a great technique! I will definitely be trying this out.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!