CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Simple Saturday #1

Good morning fellow stampers. It has dawned on me lately that I really struggle at making cards that are single layers, don't have many embellishments, one could make in about 10 minutes...oh the list goes on. In other words I suck at making simple cards and I have decided that I need to work on this area of my stamping.

With this in mind I am going to start "Simple Saturday" here on my blog. I am hoping to create some cards using a simple technique or tip with limited supplies while trying to stick close to a single or double layer card...and make it look good!

So without anymore delay, here is my first Simple Saturday card!


I used the stamp set Easter Blossoms. White Natural cardstock was my choice this time because it is thicker and I love the little flecks that make it look a bit dirty. I started by rounding two opposite corners. Then one single stamp in the corner in Chocolate Chip. That is it! I grabbed 3 Stampin' Write Markers, Pink Pirouette, Pretty In Pink and Rose Red. Start with the lightest colour and colour in all the flowers, then move on to the next colour adding a little colour from the center of each flower and moving outward. With the darkest colour I coloured just the very center of each flower.

For the sentiment I stamped off that same flower on a piece cardstock the same as my actual card. Then I stamped the sentiment a little off to the side and punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch. (a must have!) Now here is my tip: being that it is the same colour as my card I sponged the edges with a darker colour ink, Chocolate Chip, to make it stand out and popped it up on a dimensional. Super simple!

From beginning to end this card took me less then 10 minutes. I think I did okay at my first single layer card in forever. Let me know what you think and join me next Saturday for another Simple Saturday card.

7 comments:

LouDotMac

This is totally gorgeous!! You have nailed the one layer card idea.

That stamp is gorgeous - I love all of the pinks! :) Nice job.

Lou Mac. xo

anewinkonlife.com

Beautiful card Marlene! I too struggle with making simple cards, for whatever reason I feel the NEED to add buttons, bling,layers, and ribbon :) You have inspired me to try and stamp simply for a change. Thanks for sharing.

Maree

You did a fantastic job, it's beautiful!

Diane - oliverdi@att.net

So pretty...it's Spring time, clean and crisp... and just when I thought we getting into spring.... we got another 8" of snow! HUGS

Cheryl

Beautiful, clean card!

Jher Drover

I LOVE this! I'm like you and can't make a simple card. I love this Simple Saturday idea and I can't wait to see what else you create. This card is gorgeous!

Jenn

Hi Marlene,
I'm a big fan of your blog and I love your style!
I'm passing on the Stylish Blogger Award to you. Please stop by for more information!
Jenn
www.TheCraftyYooper.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!