CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 4, 2011

Shaker Cupcake

I have not made a shaker card in a long time. They used to be one of my favourite kind to make. Yesterday was my nieces birthday and a perfect occasion to try one out again.

I used Colour Q's Challenge #70 and Create With Connie & Mary's Sketch #136. They came together quite nicely for this sweet card for a sweet little girl.



The stamp set I used is the new Create A Cupcake with matching punch. I scored the Very Vanilla layer at 1/2" increments and then sponged over it with Cameo Coral and then a little more on the edges with Early Espresso.


The dsp is from the hostess level 1 in-color pad. I couldn't resist adding the cherry in Real Red Glitter Paper. Love this stuff. I'm on my 3rd pack! The bottom of the cupcake was sent through my paper crimper to achieve the lines.

A little bling never hurt any card. Some Basic Pearls, a little Dazzling Diamonds and some yummy Early Espresso 1'8" Taffeta Ribbon are the final touches to my card.

Any other questions regarding the card, or to place an order feel free to contact me! Happy stamping!

15 comments:

LeAnne

Clever girl!!! What a fun card for someone to receive!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the CQC!

Sylvia

How lovely, Marlene! Thanks for playing along with us at the ColourQ.

Noelle

Oh, I love this! I haven't made a shaker in forever either, now you are inspiring me to pull out my foam tape and acetate! Love your card. thanks for playing at CQC this week! :)

Debbie Henderson

What a cute idea, just cutting out a little portion of the card for the shaker! Thanks for joining us at CCMC!

Deb

OMG! What a super idea to make a shaker card! I love it! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Mary!

LBCrafts

This is adorable! I love the idea of a shaker card and your paper choice is fantastic.

Laurie

PS Thanks for stopping by my site and for your comment!

Cherie

Just too, too precious! I think I'll make one for my granddaughter! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

Very clever! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Sandra Farrell

Wow - I love the shaker. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me.

Cheryl

This is really cute! What a great design!

Carolyn

What an awesome card!!! How did you punch out only the top of the cupcake without all of the other things on the punch???? Thank you for your help.

Connie

Oh...that is a DARLING idea! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Hands On

Carolyn, I hope you get this. i have no other way of reaching you. Anyways I didn't use the punch, I simply traced the piece and used my snips to cut it out. Tiny snips works great.

Mary Brown

What a FABULOUS shaker cupcake card! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary!

Carolyn

Thanks Marlene for your help. I just love this card and I am hoping to use it in one of my classes but could not figure out how you did it. Thank you so much for your response and your help. You are fantastic!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!