CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quick & Easy Quilting

I have yet to stick my fingers into actual quilting but I tried my hand at ornament quilting this Christmas which turned out to be a breeze and you don't even have to touch a sewing machine. Well it was high time I tried a little paper quilting. LOVE IT! Oh how easy and satisfying. Punch out a bunch of squares and glue them to paper. Can't believe I have waited so long to make one of these.


I took the photos outside today to show you what a beautiful and sunny Winter day we are having today!




I added some texture to the "quilt" by running it through the Big Shot in an embossing folder and then sponged the edges a little with Crumb Cake.





I made this card for Pals Paper Arts this week for their "vintage" challenge #80. I also entered this in Clean & Simple Sketch #126. I know this is a far cry from CAS but I loved the sketch and it totally worked for this card.


So glad you stopped by! Have a great day!

15 comments:

Linda Callahan

Just beautiful fabric and ribbon work on your card!

Anne Marie

All I can say is WOW!! This is so beautiful, in every way. That flower is stunning! :)

Ann Schach

Wow! I love the texture! Beautiful! And the ribbon flower with the antique brad center is stunning!

ArtisticInkspirations

Love the combo of colors and quilting technique!!

Jher Drover

Love love the card. Not so much love for your beautiful "winter" day. :oP

Diane - oliverdi@att.net

Love your card and colors.... so soft looking. Your ribbon flower & leaves are perfect, and the antique brad is superb! Beautiful.

Krystal (skdeleeuw)

Gorgeous Marlene!!! I just love your ribbon roses. The Vintage Brad in the center is perfect. I really need to try to make one of those. I'm sure they are much simpler than they look.

Patti

Your card is gorgeous. Beautiful colors and design.
http://whatareyouinking.blogspot.com

Carol

Wow this is exquisite. Why do I feel like cuddling up with your card!!! lol What a beauty and that rose is over-the-top gorgeous. Love it!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment.

Ann Schach

Congrats on your PPA win this week! Your card was fabulous!

stampinbygenny

Beautiful card! Great color combination. I'll need to try quilting on my next card. Congrats on your PPA win.

Heartwarmers from Vicki

What a beautiful card! Love the colors, the flower -- everything.

Sharon Canter

This is a gorgeous card! I am going to try your quilting technique. Love the flower. Any tips on how to make it perfect like yours? I have tried, but mine just don't turn out very well.

Hands On

Thanks for your comment Sharon. That is only the second time i have tried one of those flowers so I'mnot sure I am an expert on them yet. i just punched 2 circles. One of c/s and one from the sticky sheets. I marked the center and started twisting from there. Hope this helps!

Stampin' Pretty

Congrats on being a PPA pick!

Hugs, M

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!