CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Colour Throwdown And Card Patterns

I was blog hopping and became totally inspired by seeing a number of people using their Build A Cupcake Punch for a host of other ideas. Check out this fantastic card by Carrie Gaskin here. So I wanted to have a go at it and went looking for a few challenges to get me started.

Colour Throwdown #129 had a combination of blue and a dark and light green that totally intrigued me with the idea I had going on in my head. Next I found Card Patterns Sketch #102 that worked perfectly with the direction my ideas were going.

I used Ballet Blue, Pear Pizazz and Garden Green as my choice of colours. The tree trunk is the branch from the Two-Step Bird Punch. A Scallop Circle Punch is the branches with buttons from the Regals Collection and the bushes are the cupcake topper of the Build A Cupcake Punch.


I also used that same piece to make the clouds. I created a mask and sponged over them with Ballet Blue.
The little birds in the Hodgepodge Hardware are from Clearly For You, which is very quickly becoming a favourite stamp set. The sentiment in the clouds is from the same set. The ribbon once again is Pear Pizazz Seam Binding with good old Twine to tie it up! Glue Dots are always handy to keep that scrunchy ribbon from going crazy in the wrong direction.


Hope you like. I had fun making this one. Have fun stamping!

9 comments:

happyDiane

This is adorable! you have done a great job!

Kim Score

This is so pretty! Look for it on my punch inspiration blog post tomorrow. TFS!

Ann Schach

Oh my gosh! How fun is this! Your creativity is over-the-top adorable!

Broni

Cool! I love the buttons on the tree and the little birds in the frame!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us this week!

~amy~

Such a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Sandra Farrell

Marlene - you are sooooooooooooooooo creative. This is fabulous!

NinaB

What an adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

Maree

Gorgeous!!

Jher Drover

I LOVE this card!!! BRILLIANT ideas!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!