CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Duck Punch Art Tutorial

Wow! You guys liked my duck. (check it out here) I am flattered. Usually it is me checking out everyone else's cool punch art. Well, I guess I better share and quick. Someone out there wants directions asap and I have no way to contact her.





Here are the punches I used.
1. Large Word Window - body
2. Two-Step Bird Punch - wing
3. 1 1/4" Circle - head
4. Small Oval - duck bill, top feathers, and punching out a piece of the body
4. 1/4" Circle - eye
5. 1/8" Circle - pupil




Take your small oval punch and dip into the Large Word Window at the back and take out a small piece for the dip in the duck's back.




Using the small Oval Punch again and punch 2 slivers for the top feathers. For the duck's bill use Pumpkin Pie c/s and punch a larger sliver. Below is the back side of the head so you can see the pieces clearer and see how I attached them.



Mount the 1/8" circle on the 1/4" circle and glue it to the head. Glue the head to the body just in front of the dip you made in the body and glue the wing on just at the front so you can bend it out a little for a bit of dimension.



Hope these directions make it clear. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day.

4 comments:

lifesabeach32940

You are WONDERFUL!! Thank you for an AWESOME project and tutorial. :)

TrishG

Very cute duck! I scrolled down and found some other awesome projects you made!

STASIA SLOMA

this is so stinkin' cute! thank you for taking the time to make it. i love it.

Patricia

trhnak you for this tutorial.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!