CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 24, 2011

2 In 1 Day

Last week was so very crazy busy getting ready for both a big birthday party and my open house. I didn't get a whole lot of blogging done, let alone anything else. Now that that is done, on to the next thing. Tonight I am off to a demo meet and I am doing a small demonstration and I thought I would share a little with you too!

The technique uses the new Letterpress Plates. I'll admit I was not too thrilled to try them at first but only because they recommend using Craft Ink and I don't have a lot of Craft Ink. So I went a little outside the box to see what I could come up with.


In this first card I inked the plate up with Whisper White Craft ink, then quickly sprayed it with Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol and then ran it through the Big Shot. I have to say the picture does not do it justice. The end result is quite pretty and sparkly. I tried to capture a bit of the sparkle for you to see but you will have to wait for a better photo pf it tomorrow.
The bottom layer was run through the Big Shot first with the Letterpress Plate and then again with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I also used a little of that same textured paper for the body of the little birds. I used Pals Paper Arts Sketch 77 to put this card together.

So next I tried something a bit messy and that was to wet my plate by spraying it with bleach. I tried just wiping it at first but that effect was alot less bold. I tried a number of different coloured cardstock till I came up with something I liked. Love how this turned out. I don't think you could get the same effect by just using Whisper White Craft Ink.


The background isn't as bold as the first card because I used Pretty In Pink which is a lot more subtle than Cherry Cobbler. But for this card it was enough. This card uses Create With Connie & Mary Sketch 134. I just flipped the sketch sideways.



Hope you like, however, I am not done sharing. I'll post more ways to use the plates tomorrow and Wednesday. See you later.

8 comments:

Linda Callahan

Wow you are an innovator for sure! Love how beautiful all of your "experiments" turned out!

Connie

So cute! I love how you flipped the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb

Great card! The pom pom trim is so cute! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Krystal (skdeleeuw)

Great techniques Marlene!! I've also ran my Letterpress Plates through with Versamark and then sprinkled them with Irridescent Ice EP and then heat set. That also makes a nice and sparkly BG. Love that pom-pom trim. Can't wait to get me some of that!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cards by Gina

Love both of your cards! Thanks for the letterpress tips and thanks for playing at PPA with us this week!

Lisa

Cute valentines! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Mary Brown

I love how you flipped the sketched and used the pompoms - adorable! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Debbie Henderson

What clever ideas! I was a bit nervous to use the plates also but I love them. Great job! Thanks for playing at Create with Connie & Mary!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!