CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stampin' Royalty #49

Today is Wednesday and time for another challenge from Stampin' Royalty. This week we have a Theme challenge for you. This week's challenge is WINTER HOLIDAYS :Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, Whatever...

Here is a card I made for all the moms at my daughter's preschool. We all went in on a gift together so I needed a big card for all of us to sign. So this card is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". I used the lovely Deck The Halls DSP, matching fabric and buttons.



I used a new little trick to make this card stand out. I took my Hobby Blade and traced the outline of a few of the flowers and then popped them out took make them curl a little like a real flower. Just make sure you place a piece of cardstock the same colour behind the pieces cut out.



My second trick is placing a Antique Brad right into the button. Changes things up a bit and I love it! You will also notice that I sprayed the entire card with Shimmer Paint (mixed with some rubbing alcohol). This looks great on any Christmas card. I have a hard time putting it away at this time of year.


Here is another card I made at the same time with a different sheet of paper from the same set.

For more inspiration, check out the fabulous projects created by the Stampin' Royalty Goddesses. (Don't forget if you click on the name of each Goddess it will take you to her personal blog where you can find out all the secrets on how she created her project!)

2 comments:

Jo

Oh these are lovely! So classic and I love the dimension you have created! Off to check out your blog!

Jher Drover

Love them! so beautiful. I wish I had got that DSP now, cuz I love the technique you've done with it. Another beautiful creation!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!