CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Paper Players #28

Christmas is so close and Paper Players has one more challenge for you this year and I am so thrilled that I was asked to join them once again!
Since this is such a busy time of year, this week's challenge is an easy one! It is “Your Favourite Colour Combination”. Simply choose a favourite colour combination for a specific type of card. For example…you might love Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler for Christmas Cards. Or you might like Navy and White for a sympathy card. The sky is the limit! All we ask is that you share a new creation.

I chose to do a Valentines card seeing it is our next special day of giving and remembering loved ones that comes after Christmas. Valentines is another time when people choose to use a lot of red. I am not really a red person as I have mentioned many times before but I have fallen in love with the colour Cherry Cobbler. It is so very rich! Last year I discovered how lovely red and brown look but with Cherry Cobbler it needs black instead of brown which is a colour that is perfect for men and elegant for woman. And of course Very Vanilla. It is not much of a bold or exciting colour but I love how it just softens things up. So my colour combo for you today is...Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black and Very Vanilla...for a Valentines card!

I started off with some dsp from Newsprint. I perfectly matches my sentiment from the set Word Play. The next layer is a Scallop Circle which I used the Lots Of Love Letterpress Plate on. They suggest using craft ink on the plate but I went outside the box and Versa Marked it and then Clear Embossed it. Love how that turned out.




Then I have a Scallop Envelope which I cut out in Vellum and dressed up the top edge with some Silver Glass Glitter. It is stuffed with a few Scallop Heart of Hearts Embosslit Die Cuts and topped with the sentiment which I Black Embossed.



I used some of my favourite ribbon, the 1 1/4" Striped Ribbon, and then a touch of Rhinestones to fill a small spot on the bottom left corner.




Now head on over to Paper Players to see what the amazing Design Team has to share with you. You won't be disappointed!

5 comments:

Ann Schach

This is absolutely fabulous! I love the colors, and the bow is simply gorgeous! So many wonderful details!

Anne Marie

Marlene, this is beautiful! I love how you combined the sentiment with the DSP...absolutely perfect! The glittered envelope is awesome and that bow?! Wowzers! Such a rich and elegant Valentine! :)

Nance

So rich and luxurious! I adore your vellum envelope embossed with the perfect sentiment and accented with the glass glitter--a FAB touch. And the bow...OMG...gorgeous!

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters

Marlene this card is FABULOUS. Love your color choices and the vellum envelope is perfect! I have that die but never used it in vellum....until now!

DAWN Braun

Love the rich colors of your card and the world stamp with the DSP is just fabulous!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!