CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 13, 2010

Fabric Ornament

Well I have finally done it. I have had these amazing ornaments made by a friend hanging in my kitchen window for the last 7 years and I have finally found the time and the tutorial for making one myself. I was a little inspired by the fun fabric Stampin' Up has in their Holiday Mini. I love striped and polka dots so I guess you can see how this stuff caught my eye the first time I laid my eyes on it. The paper is fantastic too, but sadly it was so popular that they ran out. Oh well, I got mine hopefully you got yours too!
So on to this fun ornament. Yes it is quilted they say, but no sewing involved! Just a ton of pins. Here is the tutorial if you'd like to give it a try yourself. Or contact me with any questions. I am no expert but I managed to downsize the pattern for a smaller ball so I guess I know a little of what I'm doing! lol.


I used Real Red Satin Ribbon and White Tinsel for the hanger and a little Pretty in Pink 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon and Linen Thread for the tag. My sentiment is from Tiny Tags and stamped on top of the stamp, Dot, Dot, Dot.



I entered this into a few challenges for fun.

Reasonable Ribbon #13 - Anything but a card - Winter
Sugar Sweet Paper Treats - Anything Goes in December
Fussy & Fancy Friday 25 - Anything but a card

Thanks for stopping by. Happy stamping or paper crafting or quilting or...whatever. You know what I mean!

5 comments:

Susie

Thank you for the comment on my blog :)
This ornament is gorgeous! I didn't buy any of the fabric...I wasn't sure how I would use it. Now, I know - and it's too late :(

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon

What a beautiful Christmas ornament! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Christina

Wow, this is a beautiful ornament! So unique, and it would make a wonderful gift. I may have to look this up to use up some of my fabric stash!

mari

Buenas muy lindas,sobre todo cuando viene la navidad,te felicito,me podrĂ­as mandar mas Manualidades a mi correo: rowenta.rowenta@hotmail.com,gracias y mil bendiciones.

mari

Felicitaciones por tus Manualidades,me podrĂ­as mandar a mi correo algunas ideas tuyas, rowenta.rowenta@hotmail.com ,gracias.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!