CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

December With Paper Players!

I can't believe we are into December already and Christmas is literally just around the corner. Paper Players invited back their past guest designers in honour of Christmas being so close at hand. I am so excited to be working along side them once again! Such a talented group of ladies!
This week, challenge #27, we are challenging you to make and share a Christmas Card or Project. Maybe you would like to share a 3D item or a scrapbook page, or maybe some name cards you created for your Christmas dinner? The sky is the limit!!! Please make sure what you share is a new creation.

One of my favourite Christmas carols is Joy To The World and I just love the use of the word JOY at Christmas time, so the stamp in the set Welcome Christmas has been screaming at me to make something with three to host the three letters.


I decided to use the Candy Wrapper Die and decorated them with a few snowflakes from the Northern Frost Decorative Strip. Night of Navy is such a rich colour and I love the ribbons in this colour, I used the 5/8" Satin Ribbon to tie the boxes together and the 1/8" Taffeta to close each candy holder.

Now these boxes needed a holder and what better than some acetate so you can still see the beautiful boxes. But just a plain Window Sheet won't do, so I added a few snowflakes from the set Serene Snowflakes using Staz-on white ink.



The sentiment is from Word Play and I punched it out with the Ornament Punch and added a little bit of Sliver Glass Glitter around the edges.

Now you have to check out the rest of the samples from the design team, so head on over to Paper Players for some fantastic eye candy!

8 comments:

Always Playing with Paper

This is simply stunning Marlene! The packaging and the white snowflakes on the acetate, with the ribbons, make for an outstanding project! Glad to have you back on board for the next couple of weeks!!
Smiles,
Lesley

Ann Schach

Absolutely beautiful! I love the blues and the glitter!

Anne Marie

Marlene, this is beyond gorgeous! I LOVE all of the amazing details you added. This has an instant "wow-factor" to it! Now I NEED that candy wrapper die, too! Haha! :)

LeAnne

Gorgeous, Marlene! Your projects are always over the top and this one is too! What a great way to use that "joy"!

Nance

Oh my goodness, Marlene! This is fabulous. The colors, the ribbons all the details are so rich and elegant. And I love the stamping on the acetate--the perfect touch. So great to have you back with us! {hugs}

Jher Drover

Gorgeous as always Marlene! I love it..can I have one? :o) It's just so pretty and I love all the ribbon and the colours. Well done! PS, I'm finally blogging again! Check it out! Love ya!

Queenie Jeannie

Sooooo pretty! Someone is definitely in for a treat!

Jaydee

Gorgeous project, Marlene. I love the cool blue colors and the snowflakes behind the JOY. Fabulous!
hugs
jaydee

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!