CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stampin' Royalty #45

This week is Remembrance Day and Stampin' Royalty is challenging you to a photo inspiration challenge.
LEST WE FORGET



Play along by making your own card, 3-D project or scrapbook layout using this photo for inspiration. Pull a colour, theme or maybe just a flower from the photo to help you create your own craft. Use Mr Linky at the bottom of the post here to show us your creation.
Here is my take on the photo.


I decided to keep my card super simple. I started with Natural White Cardstock and rounded the corners. Next I wanted to make some poppies and found that using the Butterfly punch that most people having been making their pansies with worked well. After I punched out the butterflies I worked the cardstock to break up the fibers and peeled the paper in half. This makes the paper much softer and lighter. I sponged the edges using my Sponge Daubers and put 2 punches together with a black Glimmer Brad. The stems for the flowers is from the stamp set Flowers Awash.


My sentiment is from Word Play. The original sentiment says "Remember When", but I just eliminated the "When" for a more suitable sentiment for this occasion.

Check out the rest of the Design Team's cards at Stampin' Royalty and hope you play along. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Diane - Rubber 'n Rafters

Oh my this card is FABULOUS! I love using the butterflies to make flowers, but it's usually pansies. These poppies are not only PERFECT to symbolize the occassion, they are spectacular in thier simplicity. TFS this 'new flower' idea it's just beautiful.

Susan's crafty chaos

This is beautiful, and your poppies are perfect! :)

Mel M. M. McCarthy

Breathtaking! What a lovely way to practice remembrance.

rozzy

Hi Marlene, I loved your card so much I took inspiration from you and made a selection of poppies to go into a vase. I'd love you to take a peep to see what you think.
Thanks for your great inspiration for using my SU Butterfly Punch.
You can find my project here
Thanks for looking and have a great weekend
Hugs rozzy xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!