CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Stampin' Royalty #44

We've got a colour challenge for you this week @ Stampin' Royalty. I won't kid you when I say I was stumped looking at this colour combo. Don't get me wrong, I love 3 of the 4 but other than using Cajun Craze for leaves and turkey feathers during this season of Fall, I don't know what to do with it!


Well as it turns out, I found another use for it and it just so happens that I really like how this card turned out. In fact I like it so much that I decided to give it to a very dear friend of mine that is moving away. Jheri Lynn of Jher's Creative Expressions is part of my downline and I am so sad to see her move away. She has a very similar style to mine and I just love getting her cards and I was so excited to give her this one seeing how it turned out so well. If you get a chance, send her some love. This move is a bitter sweet one for her.

So on to my card...

When I'm stuck, what else would I do other then my favourite technique. Ink up those texture plates! That's what I did on the Marina Mist card base. For my main image I used my Stampin' Write Markers. You'll see I used the Cajun Craze for the flowers and coloured the tips with So Saffron to soften the edges. I broke up the layout by cutting out a circle and then replacing it with another circle of the main image once again.

The first layer of ribbon is Pear Pizazz and I ruffled it just at the top. Then I added a little Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon with a bow right under the ruffle. The sentiment is from Word Play and perfect for the new adventure Jheri Lynn is embarking on! The final touch was a little line of Basic Pearls.


Now it's your turn. Make a card, scrapbook layout or 3-D project using our colour combo and link up. Make sure you go and check out the Design Team's awesome cards and scrapbook layout here!

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie

Really fabulous card!! Which stamp set did you use for the flowers??

LeAnne

Oooh, this is lovely! What nice images and a great sketch! That ruffled ribbon is wonderful!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!