CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lollipop Fun

Yes, that is a lollipop on my card. Stampin' Celebration #26 had a super fun photo for inspiration and I just had to play along. It went right along with Just Add Ink's challenge #41 calling for a birthday card. I used Stampin' 411's sketch #175. I was so into that lollipop that I ended up missing a few elements from the sketch but I'll share anyways.


I inked my Texture Plates (item #114531) with each colour to get my design on all the cardstock. Inking up your texture plate before running it through the Big Shot (item #113439)always gives it added depth! My sentiment is from Word Play (item #120308-w #1206510c)and I just used some Stampin' Write Markers to change up the colours.


I punched out a few 5 Petal Flowers (item #119880) in Melon Mambo and one in Old Olive for leaves and punched a hole in the center to put the lollipop through. Then I punched a hole in the Top Note and put that sucker right in there . I used a lot of dimensionals to make the Top Note stand off in order to give the stick of the lollipop room behind it.

These may not be my go to colours but every time I play with them I end up loving the fun card I produce. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a fun day!

8 comments:

Allison

How fun! I love that you used a real lollipop!! Great color choices too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration. :-)

Connie

Very cute! Love the lollipop flower! Great job!

Rochelle

Fun! I will have to try inking my texture plates, what a fun technique! Thanks for playing this week at the Stampin' Celebration blog!

Christine Blain

LOVE the colours, and the way you've used your texture plates - brilliant card!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey!

Great Idea Marlene. I love all the colors...what a joy to look at!!! Thanks for sharing.

Kerin

This is such a fun card, and the lollipop is a great touch!!

gbarron56

Marlene -- what a fun card -- so bright and playful! Love everything about it! Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 operators! Blessings, Gretchen

Krystal (skdeleeuw)

Super sweet!!! Love that lollipop! Thanks for playing at the SCIC. Congrats on being chosen of our our Top 3 faves this week!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!