CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Guest Designer For Curtain Call



What a pleasure it was to be asked by Stacey Schafer of Curtain Call to be a guest designer for the month of November. Her colour combos are amazing and sometimes quite a challenge. This was one of those challenging times and I feel that I was up to the challenge.


The picture makes it look so easy but I had a hard time getting Basic Black and Chocolate Chip together. Nothing was working for me so instead I decided to use Chocolate Chip as a means to soften up the Black and as it turns out Tangerine Tango was used in the same way. Those colours sure make this card alot warmer feeling.


The layout is from Stampin' 411 #176. If you are ever stuck for a good layout, they are the perfect place to look. You'll never come up short with a good layout there.


The flower is a retired ribbon from last years Holiday Mini. I used the same pattern for the flower as you would for a gift topper bow. I simply eliminated the last piece in the middle and replaced it with a Glimmer Brad and some Black Rhinestones on Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock. I used the Square Lattice Folder on the Whisper White and Baroque Motifs stamp. My sentiment comes from Angelic Joy in the Holiday Mini and punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch.





The Curtain Call Crew also has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:
Christina MacLaren at Seaglass & Sentiments
Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life
Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky back at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

14 comments:

Jean Martin

Wow! Fantastic details! I love that bow!

Monika/Buzsy

Gorgeous card Marlene. Love that ribbon flower and the embossing. Great use of the colors. :o)

Stacey Schafer

love that awesome flower you created, Marlene! Beautiful:) so glad to have you on the CREW!

Maureen

gorgeous!! love that fabulous ribbon flower :)

Kerin

WOW, that bow is the coolest!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Terry & Kim

The card is striking and that bow is perfect!

Terry

Selene Kempton

There are so many reasons I love this card! I love the double banner on the ribbon for the bottom and that big gorgeous medallion! So beautiful! Thanks for playing along!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey!

What a great idea. I love what you've done with this sketch....it's fabulous!

Makiko Jones

Wowza!!! Your card is stunning!! I love the ribbon rose you created...looks fabulous!

Patti Chesky

I used to make those bows with paper ribbon. I never thought about making one for my card. It's AWESOME!

Silke Ledlow

Welcome to the group Marlene!!! Your card is gorgeous!!! Totally love the ribbon flower too...awesome idea!!! Have fun and can't wait to see your next card!!! Hugs ~S~

Tiffany Bauer

This is beautiful!! Love how you made the bow out of ribbons!! Awesome!!

Noelle

That bow is just gorgeous, it really gives the card that holiday feel... I love those pops of red too:) GREAT card!

Connie

Love the flower...great way to adapt the bow to a card!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!