CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Curtain Call Colour Challenge: {Act 57}



Another toughy for me. I am not ashamed to admit I have a tough time with cards when the colours are not my favourites. The photo looks so inviting and and Stacey makes it look so easy. I had to go out of my comfort zone on this one and go a little abstract. Not sure about the end result. You will have to let me know what you think.

I still love this background stamp Tres Chic and love it as a backdrop in Chocolate Chip on Cajun Craze. One of my new favourite background stamps is Teahouse which I stamped on Tempting Turquoise and punched out with the New Designer Label Punch.

The Presto Patterns Specialty Paper is alot of fun. It's kind of like a choose your own adventure kind of thing. Sponge it with whatever colour ink you want. I chose Basic Grey. I topped off the focal point with a little Petal Card stamped with Tres Chic again and finished it with an Antique Brad.


The Curtain Call Crew also has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:
Christina MacLaren at Seaglass & Sentiments
Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life
Teresa Kline at Enjoy the VA Sunshine


...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky back here at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

13 comments:

Laurel

This is gorgeous!

Christina

These colors were tough for me too, but I love the way your card turned out! The elements are layered so perfectly, and the ribbon looks fabulous!

Vickie Z

Love it!! Abstract is good!!

Jher Drover

Love it, beautiful card!! You should try this more often!

Stacey Schafer

I LOVE it, Marlene! It's super fabulous, girl:)

Monika/Buzsy

Such a pretty card Marlene. Love how you used the colors... the ribbon is gorgeous! :o)

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine

this is gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Jean Martin

Absolutely lovely! Just stunning! :)

Julie

Gorgeous, Marlene! I had no idea you had a tough time...looks beautiful! I especially love that ruffly ribbon!

Makiko Jones

Beautiful card and design Marlene!! I love how you created the collage look with those papers! Fantastic job!!

Silke Ledlow

Beautiful use of the colors Marlene!!! Love the stamped background!!! Hugs ~S~

Jinny Newlin

Just love your stamped background and distressed edges, Marlene! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!

Angie

This is a beautiful card, Marlene! I think you knocked it out of the park! Love the scrunchy ribbon too!

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always appreciate feedback!